Activities Coordination Board
The Activities Coordination Board (ACB) is part of SUNY Plattsburgh’s Student Association. ACB’s job is to plan, promote, and execute a wide variety of events that will reach a large number of students, over 6,000!
ACB is made up of 7 committees:
- Athletics work to promote school spirit while supporting our intercollegiate athletic team members, by attending home games and providing tickets and transportation to some away games.
- Coffee House elects, plans, promotes and host musicians and weekly open-mic nights, where students have the opportunity to showcase their talents.
- Previous events: The Mayhem Poets, The Ballroom Thieves, and weekly open-mic nights
- Entertainment selects, plans, promotes and host a wide range of entertainers, including comedians, magicians, and hypnotists.
- Previous events: Hypnotist Sailesh, comedians’ Jay Black and Owen Benjamin. Major Events include Spring semester’s annual Plattsburgh’s Got Talent and Fall semester’s annual Plattsburgh’s Best Dance Crew!
- Films selects, plan, promote, and host movie nights both on and off campus at Cumberland 12.
- Previous events: The Campaign, Ted and Paranormal Activity 4 and Breaking Dawn II @ Cumberland 12.
- Novelties selects, plans, promotes and host events that fall outside the scope of other committees. These events provide students’ with an engaging and hands on fun experience.
- Previous events: Persona T-shirts, Trucker Hats. Major events include Spring semester’s annual Scavenger Hunt, and Fall Semester’s annual Trivia Night.
- Special Events plans, promotes, decorates and hosts two signature campus anticipated events, along with Opening weekend activities and a Fireworks showing.
- Previous events: Spring semester’s annual Spring Carnival and Fall semester’s annual Presidents’ Gala.
- Trips selects, plans, promotes, and chaperones various trips each semester.
- Previous events: Boston, Burlington, Snow Tubing, Adirondack Extreme Ropes Course.
*Feel free to check out (and even join) different committees to find the right fit for you!*
Who makes up ACB?
- Vice President for Activities: The Vice President oversees the 7 committees, attends committee meetings when deemed necessary or when requested by chairs, updates and manages all committee budgets, attends Senate meetings and is a member on the Executive Council in order to represent ACB.
- Student Senate Representative: This representative works as a liaison between ACB and the senate, in order to represent ACB as a whole and is the vice-chair to the Vice President.
- Committee Chairs: Chairs run committee meetings and oversee EVENT PLANNING, promotion, and hosting of all events put on by that committee. Additionally, chairs motivate, assist, and guide members in a direction that will allow them to learn the steps to become and remain an active member on the committee.
- Committee Vice Chairs: Vice Chairs are appointed students-at-large by the Vice President. They assist the committee chairs in making sure all events are successful, this allows them to shadow the chairs so they can gain the necessary skills to become future chairs.
- Committee members: Members attend weekly committee meetings, vote on a selection of items depending on what committee they are a part of, plan how events will run, use their individual skills to creatively advertise for events, and host the events they decide to bring to campus.
- Advisors: Advisors work with ACB to help keep things on track and to lend a hand whenever it is necessary.
If you are interested in joining an ACB committee, great! All you need to do is pick a committee, attend the meetings, and sign a contract to become an active, voting member.
If you have any questions, feel free to CONTACT US or stop by the Student Association office!